About Countdown timer element
The Countdown Timer element allows you to add a real-time countdown to your page to increase conversion rates. You can use this element to create a sense of urgency for products, or simply give an estimated time of arrival on a special occasion (spring sale, the new collection, store opening, etc) of your business.
Before jumping to the detailed steps, you can watch this video below:
Note that the countdown timer will be followed by the time where the store is set to.
Access the Countdown timer element
Step 1: Click on the Plus icon which is the Add element function
Step 2: Click on the Countdown timer element in the dropdown menu
Step 3: Drag and drop the element you want into the page editor and then start using it.
Countdown Timer types
The Countdown Timer element comes with 3 variations covering most of your needs. But we will continue to add more variations to help you save time.
Drag a variation to your layout and see how it can be configured.
Countdown Timer structure
The Countdown timer contains 2 elements:
- Countdown number:
- Countdown label:
You can click on these elements to see its settings.
Countdown Timer configuration
Countdown Timer element comes with plenty of parameters allowing you to fine-tune content appearance for the best possible conversion rate.
Select the element in the layout to see its parameters.
In this article, we will show the parameters of the General and Styling tabs for the Countdown timer element.
There are 3 options to set up the countdown timer
|Option 1: At a specific time: |
Start time: choose the date and time to start the countdown with the format: year/ month/ day; hour: minute.
Countdown Restart: use this option if you want the evergreen countdown. It automatically refreshes the countdown which includes:
|Option 2: On the first visit: the countdown timer starts to count when a visitor opens a tab and it continues counting when they open in another tab.|
|Option 3: On every visit: the countdown timer starts to count in every tab when a visitor opens them.|
|At a specific time: set up for the end time with the format: year/ month/ day; hour: minute|
|At a specific period: set up for countdown period with the format: days/ hours/ mins/ secs.|
Redirect When Ends:
This option is used in many cases, especially flash sales.
Enables you to insert the URL of the page when the countdown timer ends, then when the countdown ends, it will bring visitors to that page.
Hide if Inactive:
Turn on this option if you want to hide this element automatically when the countdown ends.
In More Settings, you can set up for the countdown width and the time label text.
- Set full width:
- When this option has been turned on, the countdown timer will stretch out to fit with its container’s width.
- This option is turned off by Default
- Show week:
- Turn on this option if you want to show the number of weeks in the Countdown.
- This option is turn off by default
- When this option is turned on, the Week Label Text option will show for you to change the text of this label.
- Show day, Show hour, Show minute Show second: These options are similar to the Show week option. These options are turned on by default and you can change the label text in the Label text box.
- Show colon: You can choose to show or hide the colon between countdown numbers in this option. This option is turned on by default.
- Show Label: Turn on this option to show the countdown label. To hide the countdown label, just need to turn off this option. It’s turned on by default.
- Label position: You can choose the position of the Countdown label compared with the Countdown number. This option is shown only when the Show Label option is turned on. There are 2 options:
You can check more information about the Styling tab here
A countdown timer is a suitable element for a coming soon page