In this article, you’ll learn about another Shopify element named Product Media. This element is a new one of PageFly version 3.8.0. Basically, this new Product Media element allows more diverse media types for your Product display. Let’s check out this article to find out what the changes are, shall we?
Or you can also watch this video tutorial:
The Product Media element is designed to display your Shopify products on your page to increase your conversion rate. You can use the Product Media element to promote your products on any non-product page or use it on a product page
- Step 1: Click on the Add Shopify element icon in the Element Catalog
- Step 2: Click on the Product Media element in the dropdown menu
- Step 3: Drag and drop the element into the page editor and then start using it.
The Product Media element comes with three common variations but we will continue to add more variations to help you save time. Currently, Product Media Element is now allowing these media types so that you can maximize your product display including:
- 3D Model
Note that you can search for this element by using the search function instead of finding it in the sidebar.
Product Media element comes with plenty of parameters allowing you to fine-tune content appearance for the best possible conversion rate. Select the element in the layout to see its parameters.
When you drag and drop the Product Media element into the editor page, there are 2 choices for the Product Source option for you to choose from:
- Custom Product
Note that if you are in the Product Page and use the Product Media element, then you can choose the Product Source option. However, if you are in a Regular Page and use this element, the Product Source option is disabled and the Custom Product chosen by default.
In Product Page, if you choose Auto, the product that was assigned to this page through Page Assignment will be displayed in the page editor.
1.Product Source: When you drag and drop the Product Media element into the editor page, there are 2 choices for the Product Source option for you to choose from:
- Auto: the product that was assigned to this page through Page Assignment will be displayed in the page editor.
- Custom Product: You can choose Custom Product and select the product you want.
Note that if you are in the Product Page and use the Product Media element, then you can choose the Product Source option. However, if you are on a Regular Page and use this element, the Product Source option is disabled and the Custom Product chosen by default.
2. Default Media Source: There are 2 options to choose to display the product media such as:
- Featured Media: show the media in the Media section of the product inside Shopify.
- First Variant Media: show the first variant media of the product you set inside Shopify.
You can check these products by going to Shopify admin.
3. Enable Full Width
Make the Media to fit with the width of its container (example: column).
4. Media Width
You can adjust Image Width when turning Enable Full Width off.
5. Media Ratio
There are three types for you to choose:
Original : Media will show in original size
Square : Media will show in square shape
Custom : You can adjust height of the media
6. Media Height
You can adjust Media Height when selecting Custom in Media Ratio.
7. Media Object Fit
In Square and Custom type, you can resize media to fit its container:
Cover: Media will stretch to fit with the container
Contain: Media will squeeze to stay inside its container
8. Media Position
In Square and Custom type, you can select specify the position for the media inside its container.
If the media fit with its container, the Media position will show like this
9. Media Hover Action: There are 3 options for you to choose if you want the media can be hover or not
- None: Choose this option if you don’t want the product media to be hover.
- Enable Image Magnifier: Each media list of the product media will be magnified when you hover on each of them.
- Show Hover Image: When mouse over on the product media element, the hover media will replace the default media after 0.3s delay. There are 4 types of hovering to select
- Next Image: Show the next image of the featured media.
- Last Image: Show the last image of the featured media.
- Random Image: Show random an image of the featured media.
- All Images: Show multiple media when moving the mouse cursor on the product media.
Note that Media hover action will NOT work on touch-based devices like tablets or smartphones.
10. Media Click Action: There are 3 options to choose when clicking on the product media:
- None: Choose this option if you don’t want to have any change when clicking on the media.
- Link to Product: Choose this option if you want to link the image to the corresponding product.
- Show Media Gallery: Choose the option if you want to view full-screen with taps/clicks on the media.
On the Mobile device, you can double-tap to zoom in the product media and double-tap again to zoom out.
11. Media List: There are 3 options to choose from: None, Dot and Hide.
If you choose None, the media list won’t be displayed.
If you choose Dot, the media list will have pagination as dots under the product media
If you choose image, the media list will be fully displayed
- List Position: You can choose the position for the list with 4 choices: Top, Right, Bottom, and Left.
- List Layout: You can choose the layout for the media list and it will be displayed as 1 in 2 options: Slide and Grid.
- Items per Slide: You can set up the number of items displayed in a column here. The maximum number is 12 items.
- Items Spacing: You can adjust the spacing between the items here. The maximum spacing is 100px.
If you choose to hide the media list, then there are no options with the media list for you.
- Show Badge: Enable this option if you want to show a badge on your product media
- Badge Position: There are 4 positions for you to choose: Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, and Bottom Right.
You can get further information about ATTRIBUTES, VISIBILITY, ANIMATION parameters here
You can get further information about SPACING, BACKGROUND, BORDER, DISPLAY, CUSTOM CSS parameters here
You can also refer to this video tutorial about product details element
Select the Badge to set up options for it
- Text: The Text box shows discounts or stock left of the product variant. You can also add custom content for that badge.
Note that the “Discount” and “Stock” are calculated based on the value of the selected product variant.
- Apply Product Condition: There are 2 conditions to be applied:
- Belongs to Collection(s): All Collections; Custom Collection(s): The badge is only shown when the product belongs to the selected collection(s).
- Contain Tag(s): The badge is only shown when the product contains one of the defined tags.
You can get further information about ATTRIBUTES, VISIBILITY parameters here
You can get further information about OVERALL, SPACING, TYPOGRAPHY, BACKGROUND, BORDER, CUSTOM CSS parameters here
Select the media list item to set up options. The parameters in the Styling tab for the media List Item element include:
- Media List Item State: You can style for the 3 states of the header such as Normal, Hover, and Selected.
- Border Style: You can choose one of 4 border styles for each state. Click on the More Settings button to set up the Border Width and Border Radius.
- Opacity: You can adjust the opacity by dragging this bar
If you have followed the above solutions, the sticky section still doesn’t work, please reach out to us via 24/7 in-app Live Chat so that we can help you directly.