In this article, you will learn how to create a password page with PageFly.
While preparing to launch your business, you can use a password page as a coming soon page to inform your customers that they can wait for your new products/ collections or any sales campaigns of your store.
You can check this video tutorial:
Before creating a new password page, you need to activate your Shopify password
- Step 1: Go to Shopify admin > Online Store > Preferences
- Step 2: Scroll down to the Password Protection section, enable your store’s password
- Step 3: Save the change
- Step 1: In the PageFly dashboard, click on the Password Pages page type
- Step 2: Click on the Create a new page from templates
- Step 3: In the Page Template library, choose the Password Page in the Page type. There are 3 templates for you to choose: Ortus, Decursus, and Under Construction. In this example, we choose Ortus.
- Step 4: Click on the Select this template button
After choosing a template, the page editor will be like this
Here we have “We are in progress to finish something awesome”, click on it to customize.
- Step 1: In the General tab, change the content in the Heading Text box
- Step 2: Switch to the Styling tab, scroll down to the Typography parameter, change the font family for the text to Poppins font in the Font Family dropdown
- Step 1: Click on the Countdown Timer
- Step 2: In the General tab, choose the time you want the countdown to end in the End Time option.
- Step 3: Click in the More Settings and enable Set Full Width for the Countdown.
- Step 1: Click on the Section
- Step 2: In the Styling tab, scroll down to the Background parameter and change the background in the Background Image option.
- Step 3: Click on the More Settings button to choose Background Position and Background Size for the image. Here we choose the Center position and Cover size.
- Step 1: Click on the 3 dots icon on the right screen to open the Page Settings
- Step 2: In the Page Details, change the name for the page in the Page Title
- Step 3: Enable the Storefront Password
- Step 4: Click the Save button
- Step 5: Click on the Publish button and view the page in the live view