In this article, you will learn how to upload files to Shopify server and link them to your pages so they will be available for visitors to download.
1. Step 1: Host files on Shopify Server
- Navigate to Shopify admin > Settings > Files.
- Upload your files here using the Upload files button.
Note: Each file must be smaller than 20Mb to be uploaded, this is Shopify’s limit.
- When the file is uploaded, copy its URL to be used in the next step.
2. Step 2: Use files on a PageFly page
- Select a Button element on your page.
- Go to General tab > ACTION > Choose the first icon named Go to URL of the Click Action option like the image below.
- Insert the link of the file. There is a URL Picker modal pop-out and you can insert the link into this. Then, click into the Select URL button.
- Select the whole Paragraph or a specific piece of text that you would want to turn into the hyperlink.
- Go ahead to the General tab. With the styling tab in Paragraph text option, click the Insert link icon.
- Paste the file’s URL you got from the previous step. Click Save.
Now when your customers click on the button or the hyperlink, the file will be downloaded to their device.
2.3. Use directly as page content
Since PageFly doesn’t allow any image that is larger than 2MB to be uploaded and used, you can use the Shopify server to host these large images and paste the URL into the page instead.
- Choose the Image element.
- In the General tab > CONTENT > Image Source and open Image Manager.
- Click Add from URL.
- Paste the URL of the Shopify file into this box.
- Click Select.
Then you can choose the image you just uploaded and show the image on the page editor.
You can do the same with the Background image element.
For more information about Shopify File Requirements and types.
If you don’t want to host your file on the Shopify server, you can choose to upload it on other hosting servers like Google Drive or Dropbox, then get the file URL and follow these steps above to link files to a PageFly page as normal!
Easily add downloadable PDF files to your Shopify store’s pages with this helpful tutorial video on using PageFly.