You can use this function to export a page from a store and import it to other stores which use PageFly
In this article, you’ll learn how to export and import your PageFly pages in .pagefly format so they can be used in different stores.
It means that you can export PageFly pages from a store and then import them to other stores. This helps you to save loads of time for building and redesigning your pages.
You can check this video tutorial about importing/exporting pages in PageFly:
- Step 1: On the PageFly dashboard, click on the page type you want to export page(s)
- Step 2: You can also export multiple pages at a time by clicking the Export button, and then we see 4 different options:
- All pages from your store: By choosing this option, you will export all PageFly pages of your store
- All pages in this page type: By choosing the All pages in this page type option, all the pages in the current pages list will be exported to your computer. For example, when you are in the Regular page list, then the regular pages which are being displayed on the current list will be exported.
- Number of selected pages: You can choose pages selectively by clicking on each of them.
- Number of page(s) matching search: You can export all pages listed in the search result for some keywords. This option will show the number of results which are matching with the word(s) searching.
- Step 3: There is a notification shown: Images used in the page will NOT be exported. You will need to download images and then upload them individually via Image Manager in the destination page.
- -> Choose “I understand that images will not be exported.”
- Step 4: Click on the Export button.
Please NOTE that your exported files will be in format .pagefly to easily recognize.
When you export multiple pages, these pages are all in one zip file that will be downloaded to your computer.
You can easily import pages by clicking the “Import” button on the page listing and following these step:
- Step 1: Click on the Import button (next to the Export button)
- Step 2: Select a .pagefly file to upload. Multiple pages can be imported.
It’s only possible to import files once they are in .pagefly format.
This is an update of PageFly’s latest version. Therefore, in case you had exported PageFly pages before and the files were in .json file format, this is how to import them:
Step 1: Compress that .json file
Step 2: Re-format that zip file into .pagefly file.
If you are using MAC devices, kindly check this GIF for detailed instructions:
If you are using Windows devices, please refer to this guide instead:
- Step 1: In the page list, click the 3 horizontal dots icon named for the page you want to import to (destination page), then choose the Import option.
- Step 2: Select the .pagefly file that you got after exporting the page. Note that only valid .pagefly files are accepted.
- Step 3: Choose “I understand that images will not be imported”
- Step 4: Click on the Import button.
You can also export or import your PageFly sections so they can be used for multiple different stores.