In this article, you will learn about the Accordion element and how to use it.
About Accordion element
The Accordion element is used to create collapsible content on a page to provide a cleaner user experience and increase your conversion rate. You can use the Accordion element as the content for Tabs, Slideshow element or to show FAQs of your store.
To use the Accordion element, choose the icon named Add element on the left sidebar > ADVANCED > choose the Accordion element, and then drag and drop this element into the page editor.
Note that you can search this element by using the search function instead of finding it in the sidebar.
The Accordion element comes with multiple variations covering most needs. But we will continue to add more variations to help you save time.
Drag a variation to the layout and see how it can be configured.
Accordion element configuration
Accordion element comes with plenty of parameters allowing you to fine-tune content appearance for the best possible conversion rate.
Select the element in the layout to see its parameters.
In this article, we’ll show the parameters of the General and Styling tabs for the Accordion element.
General tab’s parameters
The parameters in the General tab for the Accordion element include:
- Accordion items: Add/remove/duplicate accordion(s) here.You also can rearrange the order of these accordions by dragging the 3 dots icon on the left of the accordion’s name.
- Accordion icon: There are 3 styles of icon for your preferences.
- Icon Position: Choose between left or right.
- Allow Open Multiple: Allow your visitors to open more than one tab at a time.
- Default Active Item: The default accordion item to be opened without being clicked on.
- ATTRIBUTES; VISIBILITY; ANIMATION: these are the group of 3 elements that all elements have. You can read more here.
Styling tab’s parameter
You can choose to style for:
- Accordion Header
- Accordion Content
For Accordion Header Styling, aside from the below parameters, you can choose Header State for it, which contains 3 options: Normal, Hover, Selected.
The parameters in the Styling tab for the Accordion element include:
- CUSTOM CSS
You can read about all these parameters here.
Contained element setting
The Accordion element is a group of multiple contents. You can edit Accordion Content by dragging and dropping other elements in it as a normal section.
With this in mind, you can drag and drop any other elements inside accordion content.